Say 'NO' to Ragging
Members of the Anti-Ragging Committee
- RAGGING IS PROHIBITED AS PER ACT 26 OF A.P LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY, 1997.
- RAGGING ENTAILS HEAVY FINES AND/OR IMPRISONMENT
- RAGGING INVOKES SUSPENSION AND DISMISSAL FROM THE COLLEGE.
- OUTSIDERS ARE PROHIBITED FROM ENTERING THE COLLEGE AND HOSTELS WITHOUT PERMISSION
- ALL THE STUDENTS MUST CARRY THEIR IDENTITY CARDS AND SHOW THEM WHEN DEMANDED.
- THE PRINCIPAL AND THE WARDENS MAY VISIT THE HOSTELS AND INSPET THE ROOMS ANY TIME.
- FACULTY MEMBERS MAY VISIT ROOMS OF SENIOR STUDENTS AND STUDENTS MESS ETC.,
- RAGGING INSIDE THE COLLEGE OR AT BUS STOPS/ROOMS OR AT ANY PLACE IS PROHIBITED.
- RAGGING WITHIN OR OUTSIDE ANY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION IS PROHIBITED.
- RAGGING MEANS DOING AN ACT, WHICH CAUSES OR IS LIKELY TO CAUSE INSULT OR ANNOYANCE OR FEAR OR APPREHENSION OR THREAT OR INTIMIDATION OR OUTRAGE OF MODESTY OR INJURY TO A STUDENT.
|Sl.No||NATURE OF RAGGING||PUNISHMENT|
|1||TEASING, EMBARRASSING AND HUMILIATING||IMPRISONMENT UP TO 6 MONTHS OR FINE UPTO RS.1,000/- OR BOTH.|
|2||ASSAULTING OR USING CRIMINAL FORCE OR CRIMINAL INTIMIDATION||IMPRISONMENT UPTO 1 YEAR OR FINE UPTO RS.2,000/- OR BOTH.|
|3||WRONGFULLY RESTRAINING OR CONFINING OR CAUSING HURT||IMPRISONMENT UPTO 2 YEARS OR FINE UPTO RS.5,000/- OR BOTH.|
|4||CAUSING GRIEVOUS HURT KIDNAPPING OR RAPING OR COMMITTING UNNATURAL OFFENCE.||IMPRISONMENT UPTO 5 YEARS AND FINE UPTO RS.10,000/-.|
|5||CAUSING DEATH OR ABETTING SUICIDE||IMPRISONMENT UPTO 10 YEARS AND FINE UPTO RS.50,000/-.|
The Central Government and The University Grants Commission (UGC) have emphasized their determination to prohibit ,prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any Student or Student(s) whether by words spoken or written or by any act which as has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or the indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or physiological harm or to raise fear of apprehension thereof any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student with or without intent to derive a sadistic pleasure of showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student , in all Higher Education Institutions in the Country and, thereby, to provide for the Healthy Development –Physically and Psychologically, of all Students .
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the anti-ragging Committee of the Institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the Institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding /withdrawing scholarship /fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test /examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the Institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the Institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution for a specified period.
- Fine ragging between rupees 25,000/-and rupees 1 lakh.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified the Institution shall resort to collective punishment.